Hives appear as little spots on the skin, these little bumps however are not only really itchy but can form a rash. These hives usually appear due to your body reacting to something, in other words, your body produces these hives in order to combat your allergy. The body releases something known as histamine to fight the allergic reaction. Below are some symptons you may feel if you are suffering from hives, or if you are suffering from any of the conditions below. Then you may be suffering from hives.
- Red colored skin, similar to a mosquito bite
- The urge to itch constantly
- Pressing against the centre of the bump causes it to blanch, also known as when the bump turns white
Here are some easy instructions that you can apply at home.These tips are meant to give you a brief overview of how to get rid of hives at home.
- Take cold showers more often to cool down the hives. Take a shower 2-3 times a day, to help relieve the pain caused by the hives. Additionally, you could also try using a cold compress or a ice pack.
- Record what you eat everyday. By keeping a journal of what you eat every day , you can eventually narrow down the cause of the hives. This doesn’t take long and can be done on your phone in a matter of minutes.
- Drink more water, try to drink 6-8 glasses of water every day. Drinking water is not only good for you but can also help relieve the pain caused by the hives. It does so by clearing any toxins inside the body.
- Take medication, if you have any medication that has been prescribed then take those. Additionally, you could go to your local pharmacy and pick up some anti histamine drugs such as Benadryl or Claritin. Be warned, that taking these may have their own side effects and taking them carelessly could be dangerous. It is best that you consult your doctor beforehand and see what they recommend.
- Avoid the heat. Try to avoid burning your skin and staying in the sun for too long. If you do not wear sunscreen, your hives will only worsen.
- Don’t scratch it. No matter how itchy it is, you must try your best to not scratch it. Scratching it will only tear appart the skin and cause the hives to worsen and potentially leave a nasty scar behind.
- Wear loose clothing , so that you are no putting too much pressure on your hives. Wear clothing that are loose yet comfortable.
Hives is a curable condition, all it takes is some effort and determination. If you give up early, then that would be your own fault. It is important to note that if you wish to see result, then you must be consistent.